Self-Organized, Self-Directed Group Retreat
An open invitation for all Shambhala Vajrayana practitioners:
Please come enjoy the sacred garden oasis at Casa Werma where the basic goodness of human activity and society meets the tranquility of a garden-based retreat.
Organize your own group retreat here at Casa Werma.
For three – six people, you can be in the Casa Grande practicing in the solarium shrine room. $1100 usd per week (6-7 nights), includes accommodations and kitchen use. The group would be responsible for all meals and dishes unless otherwise arranged. Please plan on dedicating up to one half-day for orientation, as needed.
- The Agave Suite with private bath, a fireplace and a king-sized bed: 1-2 practitioners
- The Colibri Room with shared bath and king-sized bed (or two twin/individual beds): 1-2 practitioners
- The Leoncita Room with double/full-sized bed (shares bathroom with Colibri): 1-2 practitioners
For four – ten people, some practitioners can stay in La Casita which has 2-3 twin/individual beds and one double/full-size bed. There is one bathroom, a kitchenette and a fireplace in La Casita as well. $1700 usd per week (6-7 nights), includes accommodations.
Some options for your group retreat include:
- Stroke practice at the table where the Dorje Dradul wrote the Werma Sadhana (you must bring your own ink),
- A trip to TzinTzunTzan (“the place of the hummingbird” in the indigenous language) for an additional cost, which can include:
- The ruins where both Sakyongs have performed lhasangs,
- The courtyard filled with “the oldest olive trees in the New World” (another amazing drala spot),
- Visits with local artisans in pottery, ceramics, wood-carving, embroidery, and reed-weaving.
Dates are completely flexible according to your time frame and availability of Casa Werma and the Directors.
Semana Santa (Holy Week before Easter), Day of the Dead, and the week before and after Christmas are blackout days.